This Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I - Course is designed to teach you the fundamentals of SQL using Oracle Database 11g database technology. Using the powerful Structured Query Language (SQL), the data contained within relational databases can be retrieved, managed and manipulated.
2KO International offers instructor led computer courses in Africa, and also provides internationally-acclaimed online IT training over the internet, enabling 2KO
students the opportunity to study courses online world-wide,
Included in your course fees:
• Tuition fees
• Breakfast and lunch on course days
• Teas and coffees
• Attendance certificate
At course completion
• Develop essential SQL skills that enable developers to write queries against single and multiple tables.
• Manipulate data in tables.
• Create database objects.
• Use single row functions to customize output.
• Work with group functions to report aggregated data.
• Use conversion functions and conditional expressions.
• Manipulate queries to return required data.
• Perform calculations on data.
• Administer database objects.
Course Contents Oracle Database 11g: Using SQL to Query Your Database
• Using SQL in Oracle Database 11g
• Retrieving, Restricting and Sorting Data
• Using Single-Row Functions
Oracle Database 11g: Conversion Functions, Group Functions, and Joins
• Conversion Functions and Conditional Expressions
• Group Functions and Joins
Oracle Database 11g: Subqueries, Set Operators, and Data Manipulation
• Using Subqueries and Set Operators • Manipulating Data
Oracle Database 11g: Using DDL, Views, Sequences, Indexes, and Synonyms • Using DDL Statements to Create and Manage Tables • Creating Other Schema Objects
Frequently Asked Questions Where do you train the course?
We train the course at our Bo-kaap training centre in Cape Town, South Africa.
What other branches do you have in SA or in the world?
We only train in Cape Town.
What books do I get with this course?
You will receive a course text book which you can take away with you to keep after the course.
How long will it take me to get certified?
We recommend that students take at least one to two weeks for exam preparation for every module they do. It is unusual for students to be able to take the exam in the same week they do the course.
Does the price include the official exam?
No, the exam is not included in the price. Exam prices vary from centre to centre.
About the Exam
The exams are done at any authorised testing centre such as 2KO. You can find a list of exam centres close to you by going to www.vue.com.
The exam is a multiple test, on computer at an authorised testy centre. The results are made known immediately. If you fail the test, you must book it again at a future date and will pay again.
Course pre-requisites? • Familiarity with data processing concepts and techniques • Ability to use a graphical user interface (GUI)