There are various Microsoft tracks that you can take for MCPD, each one leading to a different specialization. Certifications are available on Visual Studio 2005, Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Studio 2010.
2KO International offers instructor led computer courses in Africa, and also provides internationally-acclaimed online IT training over the internet, enabling 2KO
students the opportunity to study courses online
world-wide, to ensure the best training.
MCPD on Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
If you plan to develop applications by using Visual Studio 2008 and the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, the Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) on Visual Studio 2008 certifications can help you validate your skills and abilities
• Building a user interface by using basic techniques (23%)
• Enhancing a user interface by using advanced techniques (21%)
• Managing data at the user interface layer (23%)
• Enhancing the functionality and usability of a solution (17%)
• Stabilizing and releasing a solution (16%)
• Create services (20%)
• Host and configure services (18%)
• Consume services (18%)
• Secure services (17%)
• Manage the service instance life cycle (13%)
• Monitor and troubleshoot distributed systems (13%)
• Model data (20%)
• Manage connections and context (18%)
• Query data (22%)
• Manipulate data (22%)
• Develop and deploy reliable applications (18%)
• Design the layers of a solution (22%)
• Design the presentation layer (21%)
• Design the data access layer (21%)
• Plan a solution deployment (17%)
• Design for stability and maintenance (19%)
Candidates should have two to three years of experience using the underlying technologies that are covered in the exam. The available certification paths include the following:
Windows Developer 3.5 for developers who build rich client applications for the Windows Forms platform by using the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
ASP.NET Developer 3.5 for developers who build interactive, data-driven ASP.NET applications by using ASP.NET 3.5 for both intranet and Internet uses.
Enterprise Application Developer 3.5 for developers who build distributed solutions that focus on ASP.NET and Windows Forms rich-client experiences.