About this Course
LPIC-1 is a professional certification program that covers performing maintenance tasks with the command line, installing & configuring a computer running Linux and configuring basic networking.
2KO International offers instructor led computer courses in Africa, and also provides internationally-acclaimed online IT training over the internet.
Those responsible for the design, support and maintenance of new and existing Linux systems benefit from this course.
Course Contents 1. Shells, Scripting and Data Management
• Customize and use the shell environment
• Customize or write simple scripts
• SQL data management
2. User Interfaces and Desktops
• Install and configure X11
• Setup a display manager
3. Administrative Tasks
• Manage user and group accounts and related system files
• Automate system administration tasks by scheduling jobs
• Localisation and internationalisation
4. Essential System Services
• Maintain system time
• System logging
• Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) basics
• Manage printers and printing
5. Networking Fundamentals
• Fundamentals of internet protocols
• Basic network configuration
• Basic network troubleshooting
• Configure client side DNS
• Perform security administration tasks
• Setup host security
• Securing data with encryption
How to enroll for the course
• Before enrolling for the course you should have the following information ready:
o Date you wish to attend the course
o Payment method – how you will be paying
o An understanding of the costs of the total package
• You can call us on our office number (see our web site contact page on www.i2ko.com) and request a booking telephonically
• You can book by email – simply send us an email with your name, the date and how you would like to pay. We will send you an invoice and upon payment your place is secure
o Request a credit card payment. We do accept credit card payments.
Frequently Asked Questions Where do you train the course?
We train the course at our Bo-kaap training centre in Cape Town, South Africa.
What other branches do you have in SA or in the world?
We only train in Cape Town.
What books do I get with this course?
You will receive a course text book which you can take away with you to keep after the course.
How long will it take me to get certified?
We recommend that students take at least one to two weeks for exam preparation for every module they do. It is unusual for students to be able to take the exam in the same week they do the course.
Does the price include the official exam?
No, the exam is not included in the price. Exam prices vary from centre to centre.
About the Exam
The exams are done at any authorised testing centre such as 2KO. You can find a list of exam centres close to you by going to www.vue.com.
The exam is a multiple test, on computer at an authorised testy centre. The results are made known immediately. If you fail the test, you must book it again at a future date and will pay again.
Included in your course fees
• Tuition fees
• Breakfast and lunch on course days
• Teas and coffees
• Attendance certificate