2KO Africa conducts full time computer courses in 19 countries in Africa, as well as supplying online computer training.
To do this Course you will need
• An interest in graphic design
• You will need to have completed the first week of introduction to graphic design (or similar)
• A determination to complete the course
Module Outline (Flash) Setting Project Requirements
• Identify the purpose, audience, and audience needs for interactive media content.
• Identify interactive media content that is relevant to the purpose of the media in which it will be used (websites, mobile devices, and so on).
• Understand options for producing accessible interactive media content.
• Demonstrate knowledge of standard copyright rules (related terms, obtaining permission, and citing copyrighted material).
• Understand project management tasks and responsibilities.
• Communicate with others (such as peers and clients) about design and content plans.
Identifying Interactive Media Design Elements
• Identify best practices for designing interactive media content for desktop and mobile browsers, applications, games, and HD video.
• Identify general techniques to create interactive media elements that are accessible and readable.
• Use a storyboard to design interactive media elements.
• Organize an interactive media design document.
Understanding the Adobe Flash Professional Interface
• Identify elements of the Flash Professional interface.
• Use the Property inspector.
• Use the Timeline.
• Adjust document properties.
• Use Flash guides and rulers.
• Use the Motion Editor.
• Understand Flash file types.
• Identify best practices for managing the file size of a published Flash or HTML document.
Building Interactive Media Elements by Using Flash Professional
• Make interactive media content development decisions based on your analysis and interpretation of design specifications.
• Use tools on the Tools panel to select, create, and manipulate graphics and text.
• Import and modify graphics.
• Create text.
• Adjust text properties.
• Create objects and convert them to symbols, including graphics, movie clips, and buttons.
• Understand symbols and the library.
• Edit symbols and instances.
• Create masks.
• Create animations (changes in shape, position, size, color, and transparency).
• Add simple controls through ActionScript 3.
• Import and use sound.
• Add and export video.
• Publish and export Flash documents.
• Make a Flash document accessible.
Evaluating Interactive Media Elements by Using Flash Professional
• Conduct basic technical tests.
• Identify techniques for basic usability tests.
Module Outline (Illustrator) Environment Management
• Using multiple artboards
Complex Drawing Techniques
• Using Tools
• Perspective grid
• The Appearance panel
• Compound paths
• The Expand Appearance and Outline Strokes commands
• Creating and using graphic styles
• Using ‘envelope distort’
• Using clipping masks
• Transparency and opacity masks
• Generating a colour group
• Recolouring artwork with colour guides
• Trace Bitmap images
• Improve Trace results
• How does blending work?
• How to blend objects, shapes and colours
• Update blends
• Creating Trim marks
• Create PDFs
• Edit options for PDFs
• Create separations with Spot colour
How to enroll for the course
• Before enrolling for an course you should have the following information ready:
o Date you wish to attend the course
o Payment method – how you will be paying
o An understanding of the costs of the total package
• You can call us on our office number (see our web site contact page on www.i2ko.com) and request a booking telephonically
• You can book by email – simply send us an email with your name, the date and how you would like to pay. We will send you an invoice and upon payment your place is secure
• Request a credit card payment. We do accept credit card payments.
At Course Completion Flash: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to
• Get started with Flash CS6.
• Add shapes, color, and lines with drawing and painting tools.
• Create symbols and instances.
• Identify and compare image types.
• Manipulate objects.
• Create and modify text and convert text to shapes.
• Become familiar with animation tools and features and create an animation.
• Use Action Script.
Illustrator: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to
• Get acquainted with the Adobe Illustrator CS6 application.
• Create shapes in a document.
• Create custom paths.
• Work with text in an Illustrator document.
• Work with objects.
• Enhance documents.
• Proof documents to make them more accurate.
• Save images for web and print
Included in your course fees
• Tuition fees
• Breakfast daily at the training centre (where applicable)
• Teas and coffees
• Lunches daily
• Attendance certificate
Frequently Asked Questions Where do you train for the course?
We train the course at our Bo-Kaap training center in Cape Town, South Africa.
What books do I get with this course?
You will receive a course text book which you can take away with you to keep after the course.
Does the price include the official exam?
No, the exam is not included in the price. Exam prices vary from center to center.