2KO Africa presents various computer courses across Africa, as well as supplying internationally-certified online IT training in South Africa and also worldwide.
To do this Course you will need
• An interest in graphic design
• You will need to have completed the first week of introduction to graphic design (or similar)
• A determination to complete the course
A reasonable knowledge of graphics
Module Outline (Flash) Setting Project Requirements
• Identify the purpose, audience, and audience needs for interactive media content.
• Identify interactive media content that is relevant to the purpose of the media in which it will be used (websites, mobile devices, and so on).
• Understand options for producing accessible interactive media content.
• Demonstrate knowledge of standard copyright rules (related terms, obtaining permission, and citing copyrighted material).
• Understand project management tasks and responsibilities.
• Communicate with others (such as peers and clients) about design and content plans.
Identifying Interactive Media Design Elements
• Identify best practices for designing interactive media content for desktop and mobile browsers, applications, games, and HD video.
• Identify general techniques to create interactive media elements that are accessible and readable.
• Use a storyboard to design interactive media elements.
• Organize an interactive media design document.
Understanding the Adobe Flash Professional Interface
• Identify elements of the Flash Professional interface.
• Use the Property inspector.
• Use the Timeline.
• Adjust document properties.
• Use Flash guides and rulers.
• Use the Motion Editor.
• Understand Flash file types.
• Identify best practices for managing the file size of a published Flash or HTML document.
Building Interactive Media Elements by Using Flash Professional
• Make interactive media content development decisions based on your analysis and interpretation of design specifications.
• Use tools on the Tools panel to select, create, and manipulate graphics and text.
• Import and modify graphics.
• Create text.
• Adjust text properties.
• Create objects and convert them to symbols, including graphics, movie clips, and buttons.
• Understand symbols and the library.
• Edit symbols and instances.
• Create masks.
• Create animations (changes in shape, position, size, color, and transparency).
• Add simple controls through ActionScript 3.
• Import and use sound.
• Add and export video.
• Publish and export Flash documents.
• Make a Flash document accessible.
Evaluating Interactive Media Elements by Using Flash Professional
• Conduct basic technical tests.
• Identify techniques for basic usability tests.
Module Outline (Illustrator) Environment Management
• Using multiple artboards
Complex Drawing Techniques
• Using Tools
• Perspective grid
• The Appearance panel
• Compound paths
• The Expand Appearance and Outline Strokes commands
• Creating and using graphic styles
• Using ‘envelope distort’
• Using clipping masks
• Transparency and opacity masks
• Generating a colour group
• Recolouring artwork with colour guides
• Trace Bitmap images
• Improve Trace results
• How does blending work?
• How to blend objects, shapes and colours
• Update blends
• Creating Trim marks
• Create PDFs
• Edit options for PDFs
• Create separations with Spot colour
How to enroll for the course
• Before enrolling for an course you should have the following information ready:
o Date you wish to attend the course
o Payment method – how you will be paying
o An understanding of the costs of the total package
• You can call us on our office number (see our web site contact page on www.i2ko.com) and request a booking telephonically
• You can book by email – simply send us an email with your name, the date and how you would like to pay. We will send you an invoice and upon payment your place is secure
• Request a credit card payment. We do accept credit card payments.
At Course Completion Flash: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to
• Get started with Flash CS6.
• Add shapes, color, and lines with drawing and painting tools.
• Create symbols and instances.
• Identify and compare image types.
• Manipulate objects.
• Create and modify text and convert text to shapes.
• Become familiar with animation tools and features and create an animation.
• Use Action Script.
Illustrator: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to
• Get acquainted with the Adobe Illustrator CS6 application.
• Create shapes in a document.
• Create custom paths.
• Work with text in an Illustrator document.
• Work with objects.
• Enhance documents.
• Proof documents to make them more accurate.
• Save images for web and print
Included in your course fees
• Tuition fees
• Breakfast daily at the training centre (where applicable)
• Teas and coffees
• Lunches daily
• Attendance certificate
Frequently Asked Questions Where do you train for the course?
We train the course at our Bo-Kaap training center in Cape Town, South Africa.
What books do I get with this course?
You will receive a course text book which you can take away with you to keep after the course.
What are the dates for the course?
See our schedule page: http://2ko.co.za/schedule.html
Does the price include the official exam?
No, the exam is not included in the price. Exam prices vary from center to center.