About this Course
In the Server+ Networking course, students install, configure, upgrade, maintain, and troubleshoot servers, and learn information and skills that will be helpful on the job. CompTIA Server+ certification courses are known throughout the IT community as one of the best ways to build solid credentials towards a profitable networking career.
2KO Africa runs accredited computer courses in various African territories, and also supplies authorised online computer training.
1. Introduction to Servers
• Examine the Network Architecture
• Identify Common Server Types and Functions
2. Exploring the Server Hardware
• Identify Server System Board Components
• Explore System Processing Core
• Explore Server Memory
• Examine Server Cooling and Power Systems
3. Introduction to Server Software
• Describe Server Software
• NOS Management Features
• NOS Security Features
• Network Essentials for Servers
4. Exploring the Server Storage System
• Examine Storage Devices Used for Servers
• Explore IDE and SCSI
• Describe RAID
• Explore NAS Implementations
• Explore SAN Implementations
5. Installing the Server Hardware
• Install Hardware Components on a Server
• Verify Server Installation
• Install a Server in a Network Environment
6. Configuring Servers
• NOS Installation and Verification
• Install System Monitoring Agents and Service Tools
• Server Configuration Documentation
7. Examining the Issues in Upgrading Server Components
• Examine an Upgrade Checklist
• Examine the Issues in Upgrading Server Hardware
• Examine the Issues in Upgrading Server Software
8. Examining Servers in an IT Environment
• Industry Best Practices for Server Installation and Maintenance
• Server Security and Access Methods
9. Troubleshooting Servers
• Examine the Troubleshooting Theory and Methodologies
• Troubleshoot Server Hardware Problems
• Troubleshoot Server Software Problems
• Troubleshoot Server Network Problems
• Troubleshoot Server Storage Device Problems
How to enroll for the course
• Before enrolling for the course you should have the following information ready:
o Date you wish to attend the course
o Payment method – how you will be paying
o An understanding of the costs of the total package
• You can call us on our office number (see our web site contact page on www.i2ko.com) and request a booking telephonically
• You can book by email – simply send us an email with your name, the date and how you would like to pay. We will send you an invoice and upon payment your place is secure
o Request a credit card payment. We do accept credit card payments.
Frequently Asked Questions Where do you train the course?
We train the course at our Bo-kaap training centre in Cape Town, South Africa.
What other branches do you have in SA or in the world?
We only train in Cape Town.
What books do I get with this course?
You will receive a course text book which you can take away with you to keep after the course.
How long will it take me to get certified?
We recommend that students take at least one to two weeks for exam preparation for every module they do. It is unusual for students to be able to take the exam in the same week they do the course.
Does the price include the official exam?
No, the exam is not included in the price. Exam prices vary from centre to centre.
Included in your course fees
• Tuition fees
• Breakfast and lunch on course days
• Teas and coffees
• Attendance certificate
About the Exam
The exams are done at any authorised testing centre such as 2KO. You can find a list of exam centres close to you by going to www.vue.com.
The exam is a multiple test, on computer at an authorised testy centre. The results are made known immediately. If you fail the test, you must book it again at a future date and will pay again.
A+ Certification, individuals with 18 to 24 months of IT experience.