About this Course
CompTIA Security+ certification covers network security, compliance and operation security, threats and vulnerabilities as well as application, data and host security. Also included are access control, identity management, and cryptography.
2KO International offers computer courses throughout Africa, and is also a leading International supplier of globally-accesible, certified online computer courses.
1. Security Fundamentals
• The Information Security Cycle
• Information Security Controls
• Authentication Methods
• Cryptography Fundamentals
• Security Policy Fundamentals
2. Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
• Social Engineering
• Physical Threats and Vulnerabilities
• Network-Based Threats
• Wireless Threats and Vulnerabilities
• Software-Based Threats
3. Network Security
• Network Devices and Technologies
• Network Design Elements and Components
• Implement Networking Protocols
• Apply Network Security Administration Principles
• Secure Wireless Traffic
4. Managing Application, Data, and Host Security
• Establish Device/Host Security
• Application Security
• Data Security
• Mobile Security
5. Access Control, Authentication, and Account Management
• Access Control and Authentication Services
• Implement Account Management Security Controls
6. Managing Certificates
• Install a CA Hierarchy
• Enroll Certificates
• Secure Network Traffic by Using Certificates
• Renew Certificates
• Revoke Certificates
• Back Up and Restore Certificates and Private Keys
7. Compliance and Operational Security
• Physical Security
• Legal Compliance
• Security Awareness and Training
8. Risk Management
• Risk Analysis
• Implement Vulnerability Assessment Tools and Techniques
• Scan for Vulnerabilities
• Mitigation and Deterrent Techniques
9. Managing Security Incidents
• Respond to Security Incidents
• Recover from a Security Incident
10. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
• Business Continuity
• Plan for Disaster Recovery
• Execute DRPs and Procedures
• Appendix A: CompTIA® Security+® (Exam SY0-401) Objectives Mapping
How to enroll for the course
• Before enrolling for the course you should have the following information ready:
o Date you wish to attend the course
o Payment method – how you will be paying
o An understanding of the costs of the total package
• You can call us on our office number (see our web site contact page on www.i2ko.com) and request a booking telephonically
• You can book by email – simply send us an email with your name, the date and how you would like to pay. We will send you an invoice and upon payment your place is secure
o Request a credit card payment. We do accept credit card payments.
Frequently Asked Questions Where do you train the course?
We train the course at our Bo-Kaap training centre in Cape Town, South Africa.
What other branches do you have in SA or in the world?
We only train in Cape Town.
What books do I get with this course?
You will receive a course text book which you can take away with you to keep after the course.
How long will it take me to get certified?
We recommend that students take at least one to two weeks for exam preparation for every module they do. It is unusual for students to be able to take the exam in the same week they do the course.
Does the price include the official exam?
No, the exam is not included in the price. Exam prices vary from centre to centre.
Students should have CompTIA A+ & Network+ certifications, or equivalent knowledge, and six to nine months experience in networking, including experience configure & managing TCP/IP. Although not required, students might find it helpful to obtain foundational information from introductory operating system administration courses.
Included in your course fees
• Tuition fees
• Breakfast and lunch on course days
• Teas and coffees
• Attendance certificate
About the Exam
The exams are done at any authorised testing centre such as 2KO. You can find a list of exam centres close to you by going to www.vue.com.
The exam is a multiple test, on computer at an authorised testy centre. The results are made known immediately. If you fail the test, you must book it again at a future date and will pay again.