About this Course
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching is a certification program for entry-level network engineers that helps maximize your investment in foundational networking knowledge and increase the value of your employer's network. CCNA Routing and Switching is for Network Specialists, Network Administrators, and Network Support Engineers with 1-3 years of experience. The CCNA Routing and Switching validates the ability to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-size routed and switched networks.
2KO International (Coalition Trading) offers computer training throughout Africa, and is a leading supplier of IT certification and online IT courses.
Included in your course fees
• Tuition fees
• Breakfast and lunch on course days
• Teas and coffees
• Attendance certificate
Courses are run on a virtual environment.
Course Contents Operation of IP Data Networks
• Operation of IP Data Networks
• Recognize the purpose and functions of various network devices such as Routers, Switches, Bridges and Hubs.
• Select the components required to meet a given network specification.
• Identify common applications and their impact on the network
• Describe the purpose and basic operation of the protocols in the OSI and TCP/IP models.
• Predict the data flow between two hosts across a network.
• Identify the appropriate media, cables, ports, and connectors to connect Cisco network devices to other network devices and hosts in a LAN
LAN Switching Technologies
• Determine the technology and media access control method for Ethernet networks
• Identify basic switching concepts and the operation of Cisco switches.
• Configure and verify initial switch configuration including remote access management.
• Verify network status and switch operation using basic utilities such as ping, telnet and ssh.
• Identify enhanced switching technologies
• Describe how VLANs create logically separate networks and the need for routing between them.
• Configure and verify VLANs
• Configure and verify trunking on Cisco switches
• Configure and verify PVSTP operation
IP addressing (IPv4 / IPv6)
• Describe the operation and necessity of using private and public IP addresses for IPv4 addressing
• Identify the appropriate IPv6 addressing scheme to satisfy addressing requirements in a LAN/WAN environment.
• Identify the appropriate IPv4 addressing scheme using VLSM and summarization to satisfy addressing requirements in a LAN/WAN environment.
• Describe the technological requirements for running IPv6 in conjunction with IPv4 such as dual stack
• Describe IPv6 addresses
IP Routing Technologies
• Describe basic routing concepts
• Describe the boot process of Cisco IOS routers
• Configure and verify utilizing the CLI to set basic Router configuration
• Configure and verify operation status of a device interface, both serial and ethernet
• Verify router configuration and network connectivity
• Configure and verify routing configuration for a static or default route given specific routing requirements
• Manage Cisco IOS Files
• Differentiate methods of routing and routing protocols
• Configure and verify OSPF (single area)
• Configure and verify EIGRP (single AS)
• Configure and verify interVLAN routing (Router on a stick)
• Configure SVI interfaces
• Configure and verify DHCP (IOS Router)
• Describe the types, features, and applications of ACLs
• Configure and verify ACLs in a network environment
• Identify the basic operation of NAT
• Configure and verify NAT for given network requirements
• Configure and verify NTP as a client
• Recognize High availability (FHRP)
• Configure and verify Syslog
• Describe SNMP v2 & v3
Network Device Security
• Configure and verify network device security features such as
• Configure and verify Switch Port Security features such as
• Configure and verify ACLs to filter network traffic
• Configure and verify an ACLs to limit telnet and SSH access to the router
• Identify and correct common network problems
• Utilize netflow data
• Troubleshoot and correct common problems associated with IP addressing and host configurations.
• Troubleshootand Resolve VLAN problems
• Troubleshoot and Resolve trunking problems on Cisco switches
• Troubleshoot and Resolve Spanning Tree operation issues
• Troubleshoot and Resolve routing issues
• Troubleshoot and Resolve OSPF problems
• Troubleshoot and Resolve EIGRP problems
• Troubleshoot and Resolve interVLAN routing problems
• Troubleshoot and Resolve ACL issues
• Troubleshoot and Resolve WAN implementation issues
• Troubleshoot and Resolve Layer 1 problems
• Monitor NetFlow statistics
• Troubleshoot etherchannel problems
• Identify different WAN Technologies
• Configure and verify a basic WAN serial connection
• Configure and verify a PPP connection between Cisco routers
• Configure and verify Frame Relay on Cisco routers
• Implement and troubleshoot PPPoE
How to enroll for the course
• Before enrolling for the course you should have the following information ready:
o Date you wish to attend the course
o Payment method – how you will be paying
o An understanding of the costs of the total package
• You can call us on our office number (see our web site contact page on www.i2ko.com) and request a booking telephonically
• You can book by email – simply send us an email with your name, the date and how you would like to pay. We will send you an invoice and upon payment your place is secure
o Request a credit card payment. We do accept credit card payments.
Frequently Asked Questions Where do you train the course?
We train the course at our Bo-kaap training centre in Cape Town, South Africa.
What other branches do you have in SA or in the world?
We only train in Cape Town.
What books do I get with this course?
You will receive a course text book which you can take away with you to keep after the course.
How long will it take me to get certified?
We recommend that students take at least one to two weeks for exam preparation for every module they do. It is unusual for students to be able to take the exam in the same week they do the course.
Does the price include the official exam?
No, the exam is not included in the price. Exam prices vary from centre to centre.
About the Exam
The exams are done at any authorised testing centre such as 2KO. You can find a list of exam centres close to you by going to www.vue.com.
The exam is a multiple test, on computer at an authorised testy centre. The results are made known immediately. If you fail the test, you must book it again at a future date and will pay again.